Current Position Openings at A Chance To Grow:
“A Chance To Grow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. In addition to federal law requirements, A Chance To Grow complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation and training."
FT Equivalent: 1.0
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
A Chance To Grow is nationally-recognized for our innovative, individualized and comprehensive brain-centered therapeutic programs and services that help children and adults reach their highest potential.
We promote the maximum development of the whole child and adult through a holistic approach. Our dedicated and highly-trained specialists provide speech pathology, occupational therapy, traditional and developmental vision interventions, auditory therapy, neurotechnology, and elementary and early childhood education activities. Programs and services help people all along the continuum of developmental and learning difficulties, from severe to minimal.
A Chance To Grow is a patient- and family-driven organization seeking a talented Development Director that shares our deep commitment to our mission, and someone who can help individuals and organizations accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization.
A Chance To Grow is currently seeking a dynamic, independent, and self-directed Development Director to create and advance strategic and sustainable development practices that allow us to achieve our mission and maximize our impact in the community. The position is an opportunity for a development professional to make a significant impact by actively managing the stewardship and solicitation of major donors, individual donors, foundations and corporations. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating a development plan, leading and implementing fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors and funders, and building a culture of philanthropy in our organization. If you have a strong background in nonprofit fundraising and are an enthusiastic leader able to open doors to new donor and funder relationships, we encourage you to apply.
- Creating, implementing, and evaluating the effectiveness of a comprehensive development plan for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding potential donors and funders.
- Helping donors – individuals, community groups, corporations, foundations and special events participants – connect their personal missions with A Chance To Grow in inspiring and creative ways through face-to-face engagement.
- Identifying and building relationships with new and prospective donors, maintaining long-term relationships with existing donors, and generating new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
- Building a strategy and managing the system and software for cultivating donors and prospects, tracking donations, thanking donors, and soliciting contributions, etc.
- Identifying and building relationships with foundations and corporations, including identifying prospects and managing a grants calendar.
- Framing, enhancing, directing, and supporting the writing, tracking and reporting of grant proposals and letters of inquiry.
- Planning, executing, and evaluating special event fundraising efforts, including setting/directing financial goals and staffing for all special events to maximize support, and also exploring new, innovative, and/or better fundraising opportunities.
- Working in conjunction with our Marketing Specialist to create greater awareness of A Chance To Grow and inspiring support for our mission.
- Planning and directing the development of printed and electronic donor and funder communications, as well as supporting the use of social media to enhance A Chance To Grow’s digital presence.
- Reporting on program progress to senior management and the board; communicating fundraising goals and progress throughout the organization and equipping staff to support these goals in order to build and cultivate a culture of philanthropy.
- Overseeing the development budget, allocating resources, and monitoring expenses accordingly.
- Recruiting, training, and supporting key volunteers, as appropriate, to assist in advancement efforts.
- A passion for providing resources to children and adults with developmental and learning difficulties to improve their quality of life
- A track record of successful nonprofit fundraising
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to motivate audiences to act
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Approachable, responsible, respectful and self-motivated
- Computer skills including spreadsheets, databases, social media and other relevant programs
- Experience with donor database software and wealth screening tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of fund-raising experience, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Interest in learning the unique aspects of what we do and developing/growing an aptitude for the technical aspects of our work
- Experience with a variety of fundraising tactics such as sponsorship, crowdsourcing, events, estate planning, etc.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in education and/or health-related organizations a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and two references to email@example.com.
Infant Assistant Teacher
We Are Currently looking for an Assistant teacher for Infants
Starting at $14 an Hour
Become part of a hard working, highly dedicated team of teachers!
What are some things that make Turnquist great?
- Garden with outdoor teaching experiences
- Science room
- S.M.A.R.T program
- Infant room that includes a “habitot”
- Full size Gym
- Family fun nights (great opportunities to meet with families and get to know them)
- Therapy programs on site run by A Chance To Grow
- Passionate, fun staff
- THE KIDS!
- Passion for working with young children
- 1 year in a teaching or assistant teaching position in Early Education Setting
- Some college credit
- Ability to work between the hours of 6:30am and 5:30pm
- Ability to plan and implement high quality, interactive lesson plans
- Ability to work well with others on the team
- Ability to lift, stand, sit, kneel
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Early Childhood Certificate or Degree or in progress
- Experience working with diverse backgrounds
- Interest in working and teaching outdoors
- Competitive Salary Starting $14 an hour
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Paid Training and more!!!!
Turnquist Child Enrichment Center is a program of A Chance to Grow, Inc., a human service non-profit agency.
We are currently looking for an optometrist to start part-time and possibly work into a full time position. Currently ACTG has a part-time optometric practice that provides vision exams for children, infants and adults, developmental visual testing, vision therapy, and preventative eye care. Please consult our website for more information regarding our innovative programming at www.actg.org
- Motivated to grow the existing optometric practice with the help and support of staff at ACTG.
- Strong desire to collaborate and work with other professionals to help provide a multidisciplinary approach for helping children and adults reach their highest potential.
- Licensed to practice optometry in the state of Minnesota
If interested in this unique optometric practice opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter please describe the nature of your experience as an optometrist and why your experience is well suited to the nature of the work described above.
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) for Home Based Services
Are you Compassionate? Dependable? Reliable? Adaptable? Patient? Dedicated? Willing to Learn? Our Home Based Services program seeks Personal Care Assistants (PCAs) to provide direct support to meet the health and safety needs of special need individuals in the home and in the community. Early morning, afternoon, evening and weekend hours are often available. Qualified applicants must be 18 years or older and have experience working with special need individuals, a DHS background check, access to a reliable vehicle, car insurance if transporting is requested for open positions and must complete DHS PCA certification test. We currently have openings in the following areas. Please indicate the area in which you are interested.
Working with a 4 year old female
Mon-Sun 5:00 -8:00 pm
St. Paul MN
Working with a 7 year old male
Full description here.
Apply in person: